- Coordinating members of the Safety Team
- Help write rules for safety
- Create a safety awareness culture
- Conduct quarterly safety inspections, and identify unsafe areas
- Make recommendations for corrective measures
- Oversight for the Fire Protection, Security, Emergency Action Plans, and Accident Investigations of the church
- Coordinate training for the church, such as: CPR/AED, First Aid, Security, Disaster Preparedness
The primary objective for the Church Emergency Preparedness/Safety Officer is the prevention of accidents. The Safety Officer, with the assistance of the Safety Team, can help the church achieve a position of taking corrective action consistently after each accident, thereby, reducing the causes of major financial loss and injury at the church.